Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Karin Jurick Workshop Paintings 6x6 oil on board


Last week I had the privilege of attending a workshop with Karin Jurick, who in my opinion is one of the best "daily painters" out there. She is also a fantastic teacher, and a delight of a person to spend the best part of a week with. These are the first two paintings I did at the workshop. It's kind of hard to get back into this fast, painterly approach working from photos after about 9 months of working realistically from life/models. But I love the loose, quick method, and working from photos is very helpful for summer in VT.

The real thrill of the workshop was watching Karin's demos. I learned so much. The "Boy in Green Crocs" was from a photo Karin gave us all. The "Man in Disguise" was from one of my bench-sitter photos. I can't wait to get back to "daily painting" this summer. (A couple of weeks of travel is coming up, and then hopefully I will be back to it.)

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you posting again. I think your painting from life has informed your painting from photos. The gestures seem very natural and real. Love the little guy in the green shoes.
    Sounds as though the workshop was a great experience once more.

    ReplyDelete